Monday, November 30, 2009

First Road Trip

We took Reed on his first road trip to Florida (south of Jacksonville) to visit his Great Grandparents (my mother's parents). He was a great traveler and spent the majority of the trip like this:

It was a very special weekend. My grandparents are 94 and 95 and still live at home. They are both mobile and still do many things on their own. They have been married 73 years and are still very much in love - it is a great thing to watch! Granny and Grandad were so happy to meet Reed. My mom flew down to join the festivities and get 4 generations together. Grandad always tell the story of when I was little he took me to the bank and sat me on the counter while he did his business. He loved showing me off to the people at the bank. He is still banking at the same bank so we took Reed to sit him on the counter so Grandad could show him off. We spent a lot of the time playing with Reed...
Granny rocked Reed to sleep
And Reed listened while Grandad told stories and sang songs to him:
We enjoyed being together and were so thankful to have the 4 generations together.








































1 comment:

  1. Aw!! Reed's such a handsome little guy. I am INSPIRED by your grandparents! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete